Monday, October 29, 2007

Comics of the Day (belated Sunday edition)

Lots of candidates for the worst strip on Sunday but the winner is

because nothing's funnier than innapropriate jokes about fat people. Hagar the Horrible is a close runner-up for perpetuating the horrible opera stereotype.
Runner ups: Hagar the Horrible, Beetle Bailey, Family Circus (you'll see this one here a lot)

Best:


I loved this strip on a lot of levels. First the question "Do you mind if I bemoan my fate?" might be the awesomest question ever. Second, the classification of people into haikus or limericks is brilliant. Third, I am a gentle haiku in love (but I'm recovering!) with a dirty limerick. Fourth, Trout's attitude toward Agnes (taking everything in stride) is a great representation of the fun dynamic of friendship that they have. The strip basically contains three really fun, awesome lines.

Runners up: Lio (this strip reminds me of the serial composers...ask me why sometime), Get Fuzzy (should lose points for having four static panels, but the artwork is so good Darby Conley can usually get away with it), Cul-de-Sac, Doonesbury (I think I related to it because we do this type of reframing a lot with the kids I work with)




No comments: