Friday, February 1, 2008

Comics of the Day

Worst: This is an absolutely horrible pun. First, schouter isn't really a word, or if it is, it's not one I have ever heard used. Second, shouter and chowder don't even sound that alike. Even if you were four, you would have to be an incredible idiot to make this mistake.

Runners-up: Beetle Bailey, Brevity, Curtis, Hagar the Horrible, Rhymes with Orange, Single and Looking, Speed Bump

Best:

This was just sweet, and it had a solid joke at the end. Poncho's excitement was very enjoyable.

Runners-up: Agnes, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!, Garfield, Get Fuzzy, Lio, Pearls Before Swine, Piranha Club, Zits

Bonus Visual Runners-up:
I had a very hard time choosing between these two strips and Family Circus for worst. Speed Bump falls into the trap of thinking random equals funny. Rhymes with Orange uses a horrible pun that makes no sense. I made the mistake of clicking on the Rhymes with Orange strip when I was saving the image, and I got sent to a description of the strip. It starts "Rhymes with Orange is a smart person's strip...it's about the little details we all live with." I am a smart person, and I hate this strip. This is also not a little detail that I, or anyone I know, live with. I have never been pulled over for having too many cattle in a cattle drive. It's like the people who promote this strip want to convince us it's actually worth reading or something.

No comments: